Come along and meet colleagues from across agency and discipline. This network will focus on Newham's most reported presenting need within the borough - Domestic abuse and violence. Participants will be able to improve their knowledge and ability to identify and respond to clients affected by domestic abuse in a timely and effective way by first recognising the signs and indicators of an abusive relationship and how this might manifest in a child's behaviour and presentation. Participants will be equipped with information on services that may be able to support families that are affected.
We will cover:
- Early Help Updates
- Definitions of Domestic abuse and the different forms that this may take
- Signs and indicators of Domestic abuse and how it may manifest in a child’s behaviour or presentation
- Discussion as to why individuals may remain in or return to abusive relationships
- Risk assessment overview
- Challenges around Parental Responsibility
- Signposting and referring to specialist domestic violence services - Hestia
Please book via Newham Connect or alternatively by emailing email@example.com. If you experience problems booking your place, please contact the Early Help Partnership Team.
Practitioners across agencies and disciplines working with children, young people and families are invited to attend the networks.